‘Love Islington - Say No to Hate Crime’ rally in Highbury Fields - speakers will include Jeremy Corbyn MP and Emily Thornberry MP, faith and community leaders, and other local elected representatives. Highbury Fields (next to Highbury & Islington Station), Saturday 2nd July, 10am. See flyer.
Parkland Walk Approval
29/3/16 | 27/5/16
Throughout spring 2016, there will be a range of events taking place in parks and green spaces around Islington. Check the Eventbrite website.
Scarabeus Aerial Theatre
Ever wanted to fly?. In Scarabeus Aerial Theatre’s free summer workshops for 13-25 year-olds you’ll fly using stretchy fabric cocoons, and perform at height suspended on climbing harnesses. 8-12 August, 11am-4pm at Caxton House Community Centre, 129 St John’s Way, London N19 3RQ. See the flyer or visit their website.
- We now have an interactive Facebook group, intended as a forum for local news and information, communication between residents, recommendations and such. It replaces the website forums, blog and local traders list, which are seldom used and, in the case of the latter, difficult to keep current and accurate. We urge you all to join up as there is useful information being posted that is not on the website. Go to facebook.com/groups/whitehallpark/ or you can link to it from the Facebook icon at the top of this page.
- Find out more on our Community Safety page.
Islington’s Community Safety newsletters can be downloaded from our documents page, or from Islington’s Community Safety page.
The latest newsletter from the Hillrise Safer Neighbourhoods Team can be seen here, or you can go to their website.
There is a new tool called the Community Trigger, designed to protect victims of antisocial behaviour, which enables them to request a review if they believe that insufficient action has been taken in response to their reports. More details here.
- Now that Whitehall Park School has opened on the old Ashmount site and the question of the division of the site settled, the next few years will see the building of the new school and a housing estate.
See the Ashmount Site page for all the info on the housing development and a history of the site..
See the School page for news of the development of the new school building.
- Our History Walkabout in April 2015 was a runaway success! David Seton led some 50 people around the area, delving into its history on the way. See his review and pictures on our Events page.
His fascination insights into the history of our area are on our History page.
If you have any additional information on the area’s development, please get in touch.
- You probably know that recent legislation gives people more power to influence the development of their local community by setting up Neighbourhood Forums. A group of people is currently setting up such a Forum for Archway and need to involve as many local people as possible in its development. If you live or work in the Archway area this is your chance to make your views known and to make a real difference to your community. Sign up to their mailing list here or visit their website.
- Due to the difficulty in keeping the Recommended Trader list current and accurate, as well as a couple of incidents where people received bad service from listed traders, we have started a new Facebook group on which you can post and ask for recommendations as well as other things.
or you can link to it from the Facebook icon at the top of this page.
Who We Are
WHPARA is a Residents Association covering the CA7 Whitehall Park Conservation Area of North Islington. It is run voluntarily by a small group of local residents. More details.
Membership is free so if you would like to be added to our mailing list, please subscribe to receive occasional newsletters, notice of events and a vote at the AGM.
Updated Images on this site may be subject to copyright.